2011年9月16日星期五

Former Steelers safety Brett Greenwood collapses

While rookie free agent safety Brett Greenwood must have been devastated by the Steelers Authentic Steelers Jersey
decision to release him last week, he is now facing something much more serious about his health.

As the Quad City Times reports, the former University of Iowa star collapsed while working out at Pleasant Valley High School on Friday and suffered an apparent heart attack. He was rushed to Trinity Bettendorf hospital where he was placed on a ventilator, was listed in critical condition, and then was transferred to University Hospitals in Iowa City.

As the newspaper recounts, Greenwood asked Pleasant Valley officials if he could work out on the field before his alma mater played a varsity game against Davenport West. Athletic director Randy Teymar gave his permission, and after Greenwood attracted a crowd of admiring onlookers, he collapsed on the turf. Team trainer Jason Viel was the first to reach him.

"Basically, his heart stopped," Viel told the paper. "I know that." Said Pleasant Valley coach Rusty VanWetzinga, who spoke to Greenwood earlier where they were talking "talking about football, talking about life, talking about how he wants to stay in sports." NFL fans find the ultimate selection of for your favorite team.

"He was going to come down around the sideline tonight and be around us. The kids love him around here. His name echoes through the hallways of Pleasant Valley. I had seen him down there running and I thought he was busy, then I thought I better go down there and say hi to him. I'm sure glad I did because of, you know, whatever happened.

"He's a great, great kid, his parents are great people and the world is a better place with Brett here." Greenwood was a walk-on at Iowa, but he was good enough to start 29-straight games for the Hawkeyes.

Wow, that's a link for Authentic Steelers Jersey! To Brett and his family. I hope Brett has a speedy recovery and wish him well. I met Brett Fiday at 327pm at PVHS. I was the 1st EMT on scene and took over care for him and stayed with him until we took him into the ER. That is where I met Bretts mother. I want his family and friends to know he is one hell of a fighter and was giving 110% and we gave him 120% back.

Since this happened I have prayed for Brett. My wife told I needed to make sure to thank God that he gave me the Troy polamalu jersey
ability to be there for Brett and to have given me the ability to give him the best medical care possible. To his mother: I hope to being meeting you again I plan on making a visit to the hospital this week. My prayers and thoughts have been with you daily since Friday and they will continue on to be daily. It is composed by pittsburghsteelersjerseyshopcom 09.17.2011



TAGS:Steelers ladies jerseys
Replica steelers jerseys
Premier steelers jerseys

没有评论:

发表评论